Aadhaar card online project of India is picking up the pace now. After covering the southern states of India the project is now heading to northern part of India. Government looks very serious regarding it and is going to make it main agenda for next election so we may see more and more services authorizing Aadhaar card and also many special features to be added for subscribers.
If you had applied for aadhaar but accidentally you entered wrong details or you want to change some details of your identity than you must follow the following procedure. There are two options i will discuss here only online method you can find how to update aadhaar details offline here.
2) After reaching the page enter your aadhaar number in the box and click on Send OTP button.
3) After you had entered your aadhaar number, the system will ask you the mobile number you registered with UIDAI when you applied for aadhar. Enter mobile number and than click send OTP button. The system will now generate the OTP (One Time Password). This OTP will be send to your mobile. If you enter the wrong mobile number the system will ask again to enter the mobile number. Make sure its the same mobile number which you registered while applying for it.
4) You will get the SMS on your mobile from UIDAI giving you the generated OTP. Enter the OTP in the given field and click login. Make sure you entered OTP within 15 minutes of generation because its valid for only 15 minutes. It will not work if you enter after 15 minutes in that case you have to generate OTP again. If you dont receive OTP for any reason than better apply offline for updating your details.
5)After loging in go to field which you want to update and check mark it and click submit button.
6) You will be redirected to new page, you can update or change your details there and than click on ‘submit update request’.
7) Next page will ask you to review your details, if you are satisfied with the new details you can click proceed button or else you can go edit the details again if you see any change in them.
8) You will be now taken to “Update Request Confirmation and Document Upload” page. The page will ask you for the documents as a proof of your new details. You have upload the scanned copy of the documents that indicates your current details so that UIDAI can verify your documents. If you dont have scanned copy you can also send those documents by postal method. After uploading the documents press the submit.
9) You are done now The next page will state ‘Your update request has been successfully submitted on date. Your Update Request Number(URN) is 0000/00111/0XXXX’ where xxxx will be some number. The same message will be delivered to you on the mobile. You should save URN. This will be used for checking status of the update or verification. Beside this you will be allowed to download it into a PDF file which you save on your hard drive or can get a print of it.
10) Dont forget to logout after completing the request.